The Vice President has administrative responsibility for the following units, departments and programs:
- Academic Advising & Student Achievement Center
- Access, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Unit
- Admissions and Enrollment Planning
- Associated Students Bookstore
- Associated Students Child Development Center
- Campus Recreation Services
- Career Services Center
- Counseling, Health and Wellbeing Unit
- Counseling and Wellness Center
- Student Health Center
- Financial Aid
- New Student Services/Family Outreach
- Office of Student Life
- Registrar’s Office
- University Residences and Dining Services
- Viking Union/Student Activities
- Western Success Scholars
For information on the services provided by each of these areas, see Division Departments.
The Vice President’s Office directly administers the following processes for students and families:
- Notifying affected university departments and offices in the event of the death of a current student. Please contact us.
- Authorizing the issue of banquet permits for Enrollment and Student Services departments, which are required by state law whenever alcoholic beverages are served on campus or at Western-sponsored events off campus.