The Vice President has administrative responsibility for the following units, departments and programs:
- Academic Advising
- Admissions and Enrollment Planning
- Associated Students Bookstore
- Associated Students Child Development Center
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Campus Recreation Services
- Career Services
- Counseling, Health and Wellbeing Unit
- Counseling and Wellness Center
- Student Health Center
- Office of Student Life
- Financial Aid
- New Student Services/Family Outreach
- Registrar’s Office
- Student Outreach Services
- University Residences and Dining Services
- Viking Union/Student Activities
- Access, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Unit
For information on the services provided by each of these areas, see Division Departments.
The Vice President’s Office directly administers the following processes for students and families:
- Notifying affected university departments and offices in the event of the death of a current student. Please contact us.
- Authorizing the issue of banquet permits for Enrollment and Student Services departments, which are required by state law whenever alcoholic beverages are served on campus or at Western-sponsored events off campus.